Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chipotle Chicken Pasta

Have you ever tried chipotle pasta before? If you haven't, you must try it. Because life is too short and if you go on to the next life without having to try all these great, delicious foods that you missed out, it would be sad. Anyway, my first encounter with chipotle pasta was just about a month ago, when our family went out to eat at "The Cheesecake Factory". My husband ordered it and I thought "That sounds weird" When I tried a bite, I was in heaven. I was tempted to order one for myself. When I got home from the restaurant, I started browsing for a great chipotle pasta recipe on internet. I found one on Food Network, of Guy Feiri. He always has great pasta recipes. I love his restaurant "Johnny Garlic" in town. So I trust his recipes. I didn't use his actual pasta recipe but used his chipotle sauce recipe. The only thing I'd change in the recipe is the amount of bbq sauce. But other than that, it was fantastic. The flavor is definitely interesting... by "interesting" I mean "wonderful" and "delicious". If you have tortilla strips, go ahead and sprinkle that on top. If you're interested in Guy Fieri's original recipe, click HERE.


Chipotle Pasta

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil + to drizzle
  • 4 chicken tenders or 2 chicken breasts cut in half
  • Santa Maria Seasoning and Pappy Seasoning for the chicken / Or use your favorite seasoning to season the chicken
  • 4 ounces heavy cream
  • 3 ounces Chipotle Sauce, recipe follows
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 9 ounces cooked penne pasta
  • 2 ounces Parmesan, grated
  • 1 tablespoon diced tomato
  • 1 tablespoon diced scallion or 1/4 cup diced onions
  • 1 cup frozen peas

Directions

Drizzle olive oil on the chicken on all sides. Season the chicken and let marinade for 10 minutes. In saute pan over high heat, add olive oil and the chicken. Cook the chicken until both sides are cooked thoroughly. Remove the chicken from the pan and slice them into 1/2 inch thick bites.

In the same pan you cooked the chicken, add onions, cream, chipotle sauce, frozen peas, salt and pepper over medium heat. When the cream starts to bubble, reduce the heat to low and add the sliced chicken and cooked pasta and the cheese. Toss to combine.

Serve in pasta bowl and garnish with diced tomato, and more grated Parmesan.Sprinkle tortilla strips if desired.

Chipotle Sauce:
Adapted from Guy Fieri's Recipe

1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I reduced from 1 cup to 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 ounce Dijon mustard
2 ounces chipotle paste
1/2-ounce red chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in blender, puree, cover and refrigerate until use.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds de-lish and a nice variation on your normal pasta. Plus, it has peas! I love almost any recipe that has peas in it (especially the pasta ones)!

    ReplyDelete