Thursday, June 18, 2009

Indian Chili Chicken

Oh my... I would've never thought homemade Indian dish could be this good!! It's definitely one of my favorite Indian dishes I've tried! The fresh chilies and chili powder go very well together and it gives such a fiery taste! You can either serve the dish over naan or rice, and I highly recommend jasmine rice. The juice from the dish mixed with the rice was probably my favorite thing about the dish.

Indian Chili Chicken

Ingredients:

6-8 large red chillies
4 tablespoon corn or sunflower seed oil (I used olive oil, instead)
2 onions, chopped (I only used a quarter of an onion due to my husband's dislike of onions)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 curry leaves (I didn't use any)
pinch of salt
3 large chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into cubes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice
2-4 tomatoes, cut into quarters
Naan bread or Jasmine rice

Direction:

Make a slit along the side of each chili. Heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add the chillies and cook, turning occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, or until beginning to color. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.

Add onions, chili powder, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, curry leaves, ad salt to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes, or until tender and cooked through.

Stir in the cilantro and lime juice, then return the chillies to skillet and add the tomatoes. Stir and heat briefly, then serve immediately with naan bread or jasmine rice.

Adapted from Ethnic Cuisine

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    We have just added your latest post "My Fabulous Recipes: Indian Chili Chicken" to our Food Directory . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


    Warm Regards

    foodnrecipes.info Team

    http://www.foodnrecipes.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. This sounds great. Have you ever made homemade naan? I did a while back and it was delish. In case you don't have a recipe, here is the link to the one I used: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Indian-Naan-II/Detail.aspx We also added garlic to the dough which was fabulous, just like your food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the website, Amy. I tried it out for dinner tonight. We made some Indian food again and the Naan turned out great!

    ReplyDelete