Sunday, June 7, 2009

Favorite Buttermilk Pancakes

One of my favorite parts about visiting my in-laws is the breakfast. Oh my - my in-laws make the BEST breakfasts!!! It is seriously amazing and every night, I went to bed looking forward to waking up in the morning and have delicious breakfast. They have the most amazing breakfast recipes, like these pancakes, waffles, aebleskivers, french toasts, etc (I will make sure to post these recipes soon) This buttermilk pancake recipe is definitely the best I've ever tried. Each pancake is so fluffy, it melts in your mouth. If you have guests over at your house and want to impress them with the greatest breakfast, you MUST make these! The only side effect that I can think of to this is that they will love you so much that they may want to visit you a little "too often".
Buttermilk Pancakes

1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons salad oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Direction:

Beat egg. Add remaining ingredients in order listed and beat with rotary beater until smooth.

Grease heated griddle if necessary. Pour batter from tip of large spoon or from pitcher onto hot griddle. Turn panckaes as soon as they are puffed and full of bubbles but before bubbles break. Bake other side until golden brown.

Makes 10 4-inch pancakes.

Variation: You may add chocolate chips, blueberries, raspberres, etc to the batter according to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment