Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cucumber Salad

I love good Japanese food. One of my favorite parts about going to a Japanese restaurant is that I can choose to have their fresh cucumber salad instead of their normal salad. One day, I was cooking an Asian dish and trying to think of some vegetables that might go well with it. I had some cucumbers, so I looked for a cucumber salad recipe and found this one. The flavor of this salad is unbelievable - authentic, sweet, and sour. It is a perfect side dish for any type of Asian foods.

Cucumber Salad
Slightly adapted from Wolfgang Puck Recipes

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups thinly sliced cucumbers (peeled)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Direction:

Cut cucumers lengthwise, seeded (I didn't seed them because I like the taste of the seeds) and sliced into thin half moons. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers and salt and mix well. Add sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil and mix well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and mix. Let marinate for 20 minutes before serving (in the fridge if desired). Adjust seasonings before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment