Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nutella and Strawberry Crepes

My husband made these crepes one Saturday for brunch and they were to die for! It was my very first time trying Nutella (I know, I know) so I was a little hesitant in tasting this chocolate-hazelnut-y crepes. Well, I got addicted to the taste and now I ask my husband when he's going to make it again! The combination of strawberries and nutella was unbelievable. I recommend this recipe to anyone who is in a mood for good breakfast, brunch, or even for dessert!!

Yummy Nutella and Strawberry Crepes

Ingredients: (Makes about 8-10 crepes)

Crepe mixture-
3 eggs
3/4 cups milk
1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
3 tbsps sugar
1/2 cup flour

Note: This mixture should be runny, not thick.

Topping:
1 Nutella
Fresh strawberries, washed and sliced

Direction:

In a medium bowl, mix all the crepe ingredients together until it is smooth. (Make sure the mixture is runny and liquidy)

On a round flat bottom pan, spray pam or melt butter (it's your choice) on medium heat. When the pan is heated, pour the batter into the pan, allowing it to spread evenly in the pan. (Note: The crepe should be barely thicker than a CD.) Flip the crepe gently when the batter on the top looks as though it is no longer liquid. Cook until golden brown and remove from heat.

Down the middle of the crepe, spread nutella and place strawberries evenly. Fold the crepe like a burrito and serve with whip cream or ice cream or agave syrup if desired.

2 comments:

  1. we were craving crepes tonight and i knew i could count on you to have a delicious recipe! i'm pretty sure nutella makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you refridgerate the batter if you dont use it all?

    ReplyDelete