Monday, April 20, 2009

Juicy Turkey Burger


Well, it's midnight and I had a light meal for dinner, and I am updating my blog.... Well, not a very good idea. I'm sitting here looking at these pictures of the burger that I had a couple of days ago and my mouth is watering and my stomach is growling.. This turkey burger was so wonderful, juicy, and the meat was tender. I loved every bite of it. I adapted Emeril's recipe but this one is different, like I used jalepeno peppers instead of serano. I used only a little bit of cumin because of its very strong taste, but you can definitely use more if you like the taste, of course. I didn't use his southwestern essence, instead, I used his creole essence which made the burger taste fabulous! Emeril uses this similar recipe for sliders but I wanted a regular sized burger so I changed the recipe a little bit. But if you're curious about Emeril's slider recipe, click here. Otherwise, stick with me and have some delicious burgers with your family tonight!



Turkey Burger (makes 2-4 burgers depending on how big you make the patties)

Ingredients: (for two)

2 hamburger buns (I used fresh baked buns from safeway)
1 lbs ground turkey (extra lean, I used 98% fat free)
2 slices of cheddar cheese
Lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and mayo for topping

Meat mixture-
2 egg whites
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 jalepeno peppers, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons Emeril's creole essence (recipe follows)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (Emeril calls for 1 teaspoon ground cumin but it's a bit too much for me, so I reduced it to 1/4 teaspoon)
1 tablespoon Worcetershire sauce

Emeril's Creole essence-
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Direction:

In a large bowl, mix all the meat mixture and mix well. Heat grill to medium-high and oil the grill with olive oil or vegetable oil slightly so the meat doesn't stick on the grill. Form 2-4 patties out of the meat mixture and grill them until they are cooked thoroughly. Place a slice of cheese on top of the pattie and cover the grill using a lid of a pan so the cheese melts nicely.

Meanwhile, grill the buns on a oiled pan, over medium heat until the buns turn a little crispy and gold. On a bun, place mayo, lettuce, tomato, and the pattie. Serve with fries, if desired. Enjoy!!

5 comments:

  1. I love Turkey burgers when others make it but after reading this, I am wanting to try it out at home! Looks delish. Love the cheese, looks so gooey!

    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny - I JUST made this same recipe last night. We loved it!! Yours looks delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how funny! I love Emeril's recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this last weekend, too. I got like six or seven patties out of it. We loved the spiciness and I'm excited to use the Emeril Essence I made in other recipes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will post another recipe with the essence soon!! We had a chicken dish with the essence the other night and it was SO good!!

    ReplyDelete