Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fabulous Mongolian Beef


Another successful recipe from Blogchef! I don't know much about her or him but the recipes from the blog are unbelievable. I love all the Chinese recipes that I found there. If you like Chinese style food, definitely visit the blog, you'll love it! This Mongolian beef is, in my opinion, much better than the ones from any restaurants I've been. I changed the recipe a little bit like I always do. I used more ginger and garlic since I love their taste. I added a little more of red pepper flakes, as you might already know, I always love a little kick to all my dishes. :) It was perfect. Sweet. Spicy. Flavorful. Two thumbs up!!

Mongolian Beef

Ingredients:

1 lbs flank steak, thinly sliced with an angle at about 45 degrees
1/4 cup cornstarch (I needed a little more than that as my flank steak was a little more than a lbs. Use more if you need to.)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons rice wine (sake)
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 green onions, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
Oil, for frying

Direction:

In a medium bowl, mix flank steak and cornstarch, until cornstarch is coated on the steak evenly. Let sit for about 10 minutes. This part is important so do not skip.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 2 teaspoons of oil. Add garlic, ginger, and stir for 10 seconds. Add soy sauce, water, and wine. Add brown sugar and stir until it is dessolved in the liquid. Add the red pepper flakes. Bring the sauce to boil and boil for 2-3 minutes.

Heat about a cup of oil in a deep frying pan and fry the flank steak, about 3 minutes. Place the cooked beef on a paper toweled plate to drain oil.

Serve with rice if desired.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, this looks devine! Is it wrong to crave this meal at 8 o'clock in the morning. Bravo on such a beautiful meal!

    Jenifer
    Fellow Foodie Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouth watering! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jennifer and Nopham for your wonderful comments. It really was great. I definitely recommend it.

    ReplyDelete