Monday, April 6, 2009

Fabulous Baked Beans


My husband and I went down to Pismo Beach to visit his parents. Boy, that was a great vacation! It was definitely needed! While down there, we had lots of great food, including this delicious semi-homemade sidedish! This is one of my mother-in-law's greatest recipes (she has some fabulous recipes that I absolutely love!) and I am sure you will like it, too.

Baked Beans

Ingredients:

1 large can of pork and beans (drained)
5 strips of smoked bacon (cut in 1/4 inch pieces)
1 medium onion (diced)
1 small green bell pepper (diced)
1 cup of BBQ sauce (We used sweet baby ray's)
1/4 cup brown sugar

Direction:

In a large pot, cook bacon until it is crispy (Do not drain bacon fat).
Add green bell pepper and onions until they are cooked until caramelized.
Stir in beans and add BBQ sauce and brown sugar, stirring occasionally.
Bring to simmer. Allow to simmer about 3-5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment