Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fabulous Zucchini Bread


Have you ever tried Zucchini bread? My husband and I tried it for the first time and just fell in love with it and I'll bet you will, too. It's easy to make, too. You just mix up all the ingredients and throw it in the oven for 45-60 minutes. So if you want a tasty bread for your whole family, definitely try this recipe. Yummmmm


Zucchini Bread

Make about two regular size loaves

Ingredients:
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (My husband is allergic to nutmeg so I doubled the cinnamon)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon since I didn't use any nutmeg)
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
2 cups grated zucchini (I used about 2 zucchinis, peeled)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (My husband and I are not big fans of nuts in bread, so we didn't put any, but it still turned out fabulous! If you like nuts in bread, go ahead and pour them into the mixture.)

Direction:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes.

Adapted from Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment