Monday, March 30, 2009

Fabulous Parmesan Parsley Breadsticks


I was looking for a breadsticks recipe that would go well with my pasta dish and this is what I found. The combination of Parmesan and parsley give these breadsticks a nice flavor and every bite is fabulous!

Parmesan and Parsley Breadsticks

Ingredients:

1 cup water
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2 1/2 cups God Medal flour (Preferably Bread flour)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1 egg, beaten

Direction:

Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except egg in a kitchen-aid bowl (if you have a bread machine, use bread machine pan, instead. I don't have a bread machine, so I used my kitchen-aid. And it turned out fantastic!)

If you're using a bread machine, select Dough/Manuel cycle. Do not use Delay cycle. If you don't have a bread machine, use kitchen-aid, (or knead with your hands) select 4, using a dough hook, knead for about 3 minutes until the dough forms a round ball.

Remove dough from pan, using lightly floured hands. Place on lightly floured surface. Cover dough and let rest 10 minutes.

Grease 2 large cookie sheets with cooking spray.
Divide dough into 12 parts, using floured hands. Roll each part into 8-inch rope. Place 1-inch apart on cookie sheets. Cover and let rise in warm place 15-20 minutes, or until dough has almost doubled in size.

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brush beaten egg over dough. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm, or cool on wire rack.

Sprinckle garlic powder or/and grated Parmesan cheese on top of bread if desired.

Adapted from Betty Crocker

2 comments:

  1. My husband thanks you for your recipe blog! Not only have I borrowed a few recipes but it has inspired me to be more creative in making our dinners. I think Jesse enjoys having more than just hamburgers and mashed potatoes every other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, I am so glad that Jesse enjoys your food! Thanks for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete