Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fabulous No Bake Cookies


I tried no bake cookies about four years ago in college. My roommates made these all the time and I used to love them! Then time went by and I just forgot all about these until I found this great recipe on line one day. Cookies that don't need to be baked but still very tasty and delicious. The oatmeal gives this peanut butter chocolate cookies a great chewy texture!

No-Bake Cookies
makes about 2 dozen

2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup cocoa
pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
3 cups oatmeal

Combine sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Cook until the mixture starts to boil and cook for 1 minute.
Add vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oatmeal and quickly stir until combined.
Drop teaspoons onto parchment paper and let cool.



Adapted from Eat Make Read

No comments:

Post a Comment