Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fabulous Bourbon Chicken



I found this great recipe on Blogchef (I made a tiny change to the recipe) and thought I'd try it since my husband and I just love chicken over rice kind of dishes. When my husband heard that I was making bourbon chicken, he was surprised but I told him that there was no bourbon in it, he was again surprised. :) The sauce was tingy with a tiny kick which made our mouth water even more! It was delicious. Rice and fried wontons go great with this chicken dish.

Bourbon Chicken

Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sizes
Oil (for frying)
Cornstarch (for dusting)

Sauce
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/ teaspoon fresh ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Direction:

Lightly dust the chicken with cornstarch. Heat oil in a large pan or wok and fry chicken pieces until lightly browned. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
In a bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Pour into wok and bring to a boil. And chicken pieces back to the pan reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until it thickens.

6 comments:

  1. The name Bourbon comes from Bourbon street in the south. I love southern food so I'm all about eating bourbon chicken! Thanks for sharing your recipies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marie. I was wondering why it was named Bourbon chicken. Now I know! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I better stop checking your blog late at night because all the yummy food makes me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha Natalie, I know, this blog is always on my window at night, and I am always tempted to go get the leftovers! It's BAD! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great recipes! My husband would love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this for my husband Sunday night. He loved it! http://glutenfreegidget.blogspot.com/2010/03/moody-monday.html

    ReplyDelete